Customized Shot Glasses from Paykoc
The shot glass is the kind of thing that seems like it’s been around forever. But that’s not the case. For instance, just as no Roman ever smoked a cigarette, no Roman ever had a shot of liquor either. Because distilled spirits didn’t appear in Europe until the 12th century. And even then only on a limited basis. It took another 500 years for the first shot glasses to arrive on the scene in Europe and they didn’t appear in America until the early 20th century. In that short time though they’ve managed to carve out an indelible place for themselves in the American cultural landscape. Today, few things carry a manlier air about them than custom engraved shot glasses.
Custom Shot Glasses Made Easy
At Paykoc we carry several different styles of shot glasses and any of them can be easily customized to fit your needs. Our laser engraving services are second to none and a great, affordable way to turn an already great gift into something truly special. Here are some of the most popular things customers have us etch onto their glasses.
- The name of their bar or the name of a recipient - Having the name of your tavern etched into your glassware is an easy and effective way to enhance your branding efforts. Or, if you’re giving the shot glasses as a gift, have the name of the special someone who’s receiving them etched forever into the glass.
- Your state - Show your state pride by picking up a dozen customized shot glasses from Paykoc for your tavern or home bar and have them engraved with the name of your state. It’s a great way to add a bit of local flavor to the proceedings
- A favorite spirit - Whether the personalized shot glasses are for you or someone else have them etched with the name and logo of a favorite Scotch, bourbon, rye, vodka, tequila or any other drink that’s dear to the recipient’s heart. It adds a sense of authority and authenticity to the ritual of the shot and is always a crowd pleaser.
- A favorite team - If you own a sport bar or just enjoy having the guys over to watch the game on Sunday afternoons serving shots in customized shot glasses engraved with the name and logo of the local team is one of the best ways to show where your allegiance lies.
- An important date - Gifting someone with custom engraved shot glasses that commemorate an important personal or professional date is an ideal way to show you care. They can be proudly displayed year round and then taken out to mark the anniversary of the big day.
- A slogan to live by - Here’s a few to consider: “Never trust a man who doesn’t drink”, “Whisky is liquid sunshine”, “There is no bad whiskey. Only some that aren't as good as others”, “A drunk man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts”, “I swear to Drunk, I’m not God!”
There are dozens of ways to customize shot glasses. If you have an idea that’s not listed here just let our sales staff know. Chances are good we can make it happen.
How are Custom Shot Glasses Produced?
Glass making has been around for thousands of years and in that time the process really hasn’t changed that much, save for automation. Silicon is heated to 1,700 - 2,000 degrees and turns into a thick, transparent liquid. That liquid is either manipulated by hand or by machine into the shape of the shot glass.
Once finished the shot glasses are customized using our state-of-the-art laser engraving system. This is a non-contact process whereby the glass is held firmly by the engraving machine and the laser alters the makeup of the surface of the glass, producing a frosted appearance in whatever pattern is desired. This type of laser engraving does not in any way damage or weaken the glass.
More About the Etching Process
Some folks think the process of etching words or a graphic onto the surface of shot glasses weakens the glass, causing it to lose in integrity. But this is not the case. In reality the laser never penetrates beyond the surface and never heats it to the point where it could cause it to crack or otherwise weaken.
The laser only heats a tiny area and the glass itself is never altered in any way. What does happen is that tiny pockets of air and moisture trapped within the glass react to the laser and expand to a microscopic degree, creating the frosted appearance we mentioned above
The entire procedure of creating custom shot glasses is carried out with extreme precision and the amount of detail we’re capable of achieving with this type of engraving device is impressive.
The Bottom Line
Customized shot glasses from Paykoc are an ideal way to buttress your branding efforts, impress friends and guests, commemorate a big day, show some team spirit or bring a bit of local color to your tavern or home bar. The process is quick, easy and affordable and the finished product is of the highest aesthetic quality.
Give us a call at (888) 657-2881 or stop by our brick and mortar store on Logan Court in Denver to learn more about having personalized shot glasses made for you, your business or that someone special in your life. You can purchase custom shot glasses in quantity or just have one made. The choice is yours.