Customized Cocktail Shakers from Paykoc Imports
"Vodka martini. Shaken, not stirred." Everyone's familiar with 007's favorite cocktail recipe. But do you have the bar equipment to make one? The most important aspect of the recipe, of course, is the shaker. Without it, both Bond and your guests are going to be disappointed with the results. Paykoc's 18 oz solid copper cocktail shaker is a peerless example of barcraft equipment at its finest. It will produce the perfect vodka martini, daiquiri, gin fizz, gimlet or whatever other shaken, (not stirred) cocktail you have in mind. Not only that, but you can turn your cocktail shaker into a treasured keepsake by having the pros and Paykoc customize it for you with whatever combination of text, imagery or graphic detailing you wish.
A Brief History of the Cocktail Shaker
While the cocktail shaker is now considered an indispensable piece of equipment for any serious mixologist, it begs the question - exactly where did this particular invention come from? Did the Romans have cocktail shakers? Did the emperor’s barkeep shake him up a frosty lime daiquiri to help him get through those steamy summer days on the Palatine Hill? And if so, was it custom engraved with his name and title and year of ascension? Probably not.
Likewise, while rumors have drifted about the internet for years that the shaker can be traced back to 7000 BC in what is now Mexico that too has to be taken with a grain of salt. Almost nothing is known of the Mesoamericans of that period. Other than they were just beginning the transition from being hunter/gatherers. So the idea that they hung around after a hunt shaking up some frosty drinks is far-fetched to say the least.
What we do know is that by the 16th century there are vague mentions of shaken beverages created by the Aztecs. While the first mentions of the word “cocktail” begin to appear in European and American literature in the late 18th century. Which implies they were already fairly well known among the common folk by the time of the American Revolution.
Into the Mainstream
By the mid-19th century, a device roughly equivalent to the modern cocktail shaker was in fairly wide use in the taverns of the day. And by the 1870s, inventors were patenting their shakers. A decade later, the internal strainer first appeared. Cocktail shakers gained widespread popularity during prohibition in the 1920s. And once prohibition was lifted, they became staples of popular culture. Today there are three basic types of shakers:
- The French Shaker - This is a two-piece shaker without a strainer. Probably the least popular form of cocktail shaker.
- The Boston Shaker - No one seems to know exactly why it’s called the Boston Shaker. That aside it's a 2 piece shaker that often has a glass top and stainless steel bottom. The pieces can be used together or separately. In some cases, the bottom portion contains a built-in strainer.
- The Cobbler Shaker - This is by far the most popular type of shaker and is the type sold by Paykoc. Our solid copper custom cocktail shaker consists of three pieces: the large bottom, the cover with built-in strainer and the removable cap that can be used to measure. The Cobbler style shaker is considered best for beginners, for gifting and for all around usefulness.
Custom Cocktail Shakers from Paykoc
The custom cocktail shaker from Paykoc makes the perfect promotional item or keepsake to mark a special occasion. Our state of the art laser engravers can turn our already evocative cocktail shakers into the kind of gift recipients will treasure for years. Or, if you're of a mind to create something that will give your tavern or home bar its own distinctive personality, they're great for that too.
In addition, you can use them for:
- Product promotions - Give them away during trade shows to promote your product. They make great raffle prizes and also help reinforce the brand.
- Employee gifts - Offer customized or personalized cocktail shakers as gifts during the company Christmas party.
- Bar accessories - As we said, if you own a tavern or restaurant custom cocktail shakers can be used to reinforce the brand identity and provide more personality behind the bar.
- Birthday gifts - Have a cocktail lover on your gift list? A personalized solid copper cocktail shaker from Paykoc will bring a smile to their face every time. Add to their delight with a quality gift set, complete with customizable copper shot glasses - on sale now from Paykoc.
- Graduation gifts - Is someone you know graduating from college or graduate school? A personalized copper cocktail shaker makes a great commemorative item.
Give the Gift That Keeps on Giving
A custom cocktail shaker from Paykoc Imports is the kind of gift that remains a subtle but useful part of the recipient's life for years to come. It's also an excellent way to reinforce the branding of your restaurant or bar, and it's the perfect accompaniment to your home bar.
Our master engravers can add any type of text, image or custom graphics you wish to your new solid copper cocktail shaker. Thereby turning it into a keepsake on par with engraved rings or engraved decorative plates.
To get started simply go to the “customs” link on our website, select copper cocktail shakers, and indicate how you'd like it to be customized. Or simply give us a call and discuss it with one of our friendly and helpful customer care representatives.
A custom or personalized cocktail shaker from Paykoc truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Whether you give it to yourself or someone else.